Jennifer Germano began working in the Colorado Marijuana Industry in 2009 after she transitioned over from working in commercial kitchens for 23 years in the restaurant industry.
She worked her way from the ground floor through every employee and management position in medical dispensaries to the level of director of operations of a multi-million dollar retail dispensary and cultivation operation in 2014.
Jennifer is a long-time industry vet, witnessing the industry in Colorado going from an unregulated wild, wild, west in 2009 to the strictly regulated market of 2019. This experience has taught her the importance of implementing, understanding regulation and protocol.
She is an advocate for employees and compliance. Compliance education is at the top of her list of passionate things she cares about in the Cannabis Industry as a whole. Jennifer understands the commitment that is required when working with all employees and understands the value of leading and championing them to strive to be their best.
In 2015 Jennifer founded ICS Consulting Service and transitioned from being an employee in the industry to an owner of a compliance focused consulting business. ICS specializes in compliance-based services, such as third-party State regulatory audits, State and local license application support, compliance operations training, employee retention solutions, employee onboarding, food safety certifications/ServSafe Instructor, licensed facility build-outs, HR compliance, and Full-Service Dispensary Launches.
Jennifer Germano will share her own personal experience of going from Medical Cannabis to a Recreational Market in Colorado.
- Converting Medical to a Recreational Market
- How to not leave Medical Patients behind when transitioning into Recreational Cannabis
- Medical vs Recreational: What is the difference
- Compliance First, everything else follows
- Creating a Culture of Compliance: What does this mean
- How to maintain compliance during every phase of your business
- Marketing and Branding Compliance: What not to do
- Diligence and Stamina: Why its an important piece of being successful in a new emerging market
- Adapting to an ever-changing market and keeping up with Regulations
- Whether your business is small or large scale – implementing and adhering to the rules are the same